Saturday, March 31, 2007

A Race for the Hardy

Hence not for us :-) We three showed up at the Get Your Rear in Gear 5k, picked up our shirts and bananas, and left for the club. Hard rain and 40 degrees is just no fun. I ran 5 miles at the club in 40:52, pace 8:10. No pains at all, though I did feel a little rubbery-legged for part of the way. That’s not an unusual feeling, probably due to too much coffee and too little food; it doesn't seem to slow me down.

I actually feel a little bit stronger, now that I’m temporarily off the thalidomide, so my pace seems a little faster. But tomorrow is a long run, so there was no hurry today and I tried to hold back.

Wore the new Brooks Burn shoes to check them out. My 15th pair, they are fine. Splits: 8:31, 8:08, 8:01, 8:06, 8:06. Breathing mostly four footfalls per full breath.

No comments: