Saturday, March 10, 2007

Great Day to Run

Running: St. Croix Valley Runners, 5 mi in 41:02, pace 8:12 min/mi. Lovely, sunny, 30-degree morning, if a little slippery in spots. I ran with Tom the whole way; he was doing the first five miles of a long run in preparation for an upcoming marathon. Luke and Art were out ahead, with George, Roy, Charlie, Dave, Doug, & John behind us. Also, my sweeties braved the slippery conditions, doing a 5k while we did our 5 miles.

No pains, no strain. Tom and I were able to chat fairly easily as we jogged along. Nike Miler shoes (for the good grip), tights and knee protectors, two shirts and a wind jacket. I unzipped the jacket some of the time.

Myeloma: I felt "fragile" after Thursday's bone marrow biopsy, walking and moving quite gingerly. Much better Friday morning, and virtually normal today, Saturday. The BMB is a minor surgical procedure that all myeloma patients undergo from time to time, and this was my third. They do approximately a bazillion lab tests on the marrow and the blood. Next Wednesday, March 14, I'll see the doctor for those results and the results of Tuesday's CT scan and MRI. Then we'll decide on further treatment for the cancer.

Meantime: The nurse/practitioner who took the biopsy advised me not to shower for a few days, to avoid washing contaminants into the surgical wound. But after that run I'm a bit ripe; it's time :=)

No comments: