Thursday, March 15, 2007

Wonderful Morning

Excellent morning run, outdoors in 30-degree temp, 8.2 mi in 1:05:48, pace 8:01. I always run fast when with my speedy friend Jim. Cloudy, slightly windy, just perfect running weather. A pain-free tempo run in preparation for the big 8k race this weekend, part of the Minnesota Grand Prix.

We chatted much of the way, then settled down to serious running (and breathing) for the last two or three miles, at (I think) a somewhat increased pace. This finishes 40 miles on the week, with just four days of actual running.

Only problem: I didn’t feel like I could have gone much faster today, but I’ll have to go almost a minute per mile faster in that race if I'm to live up to last year's time. Uff-da. But somehow the mind and body respond in a race. I think the thalidomide makes me a little sluggish, so perhaps I’ll skip it the night before that big 8k; Doc says that’s OK.

If you're interested in the latest myeloma news, scroll down to the next-previous post.

No comments: