Thursday, March 29, 2007

Tibia

If I can ever run a whole marathon at this pace, it will be a new 3:35 PR for me. Maybe Grandma’s, with a tailwind? :-) Enjoyable run today, 6 hilly miles in 49:07, pace 8:11. It did feel like a lot more work than yesterday’s 6 miles though, and because of the hills it probably was.

I felt a subdued version of Tuesday’s odd pain at the inside top of my shin bone (tibia) for a few steps early in the run, but that quickly disappeared. Hmmm. Nice to have my sweeties out there today running the same neighborhood loops. They actually ran a 10k, a little farther than my run.

Lake Woebegone is entirely clear of ice now, has been for a couple of days. Will we see the wood ducks soon, as they perch in the oak trees and scan for suitable nesting holes? I hope so; they are really quite spectacular. But it’s early.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Hey Don, I am glad to read you have no more pain. I wanted to thank you for your comment on Florence, too bad about the pouring rain (but I could think of worse places to be than Florence in the rain! ;-)). When you come over with your sweetie, please let me know! I won't go running with you, but I can certainly walk with you as we explore the city. I will make sure it doesn't rain this time. :-) Take care, Margaret