Sunday, March 25, 2007

Pseudo Spring

Weather forecasts for today sounded rather ominous. But this morning was delicious! Shorts and a short-sleeve shirt were plenty, with temps in the low 60's and a modest breeze. First 8.1 hilly miles around My two sweeties on the Gateway trailStillwater with two friends, 1:24:30, pace 10:26. Then 12 more miles by myself on the Gateway Trail, 1:52:09, pace 9:21. Overall pace 9:47. Slow, but I didn’t care today. Lots of stopping for water and other relief without stopping the watch. I met my sweeties on the Gateway twice; that’s nice for all of us. Now I feel wonderful, no pains at all, and muscles are just the right amount of sore. They’ll be fine tomorrow.

I took water and honey (ran out of Clif shot) at miles 8, 12, and 16. Honey in a little squirt bottle works very well, by the way. I’m not sure that GU or Clif Shot is really any better, though the packets may be a little more convenient.

My Brooks Burn training shoes crossed over the 300-mile mark today, time to retire them to just walking. The racing pair will be reassigned to training, and the new racing pair is on order from RnJ Sports. By the way, they are on clearance right now (I don’t know why) for just under $60.00. Excellent price for good shoes; I hope they are not being discontinued. They are still on Brooks’ web site, and other shoe places still show them at regular price.

No comments: