Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Ouch

Running:
No run today. I started out to do an easy 5 miles and immediately felt a pain just below the left knee and a bit to the inside. It might have settled out after a while, but the pain was pretty sharp and in a very specific location within the bone. It feels fine when I'm not running. I'll try again tomorrow, and if it persists I'll see the doc about it. I wonder what a shin splint feels like?

Myeloma:
Peeing in a bottle today (24-hour urine collection), blood draw tomorrow. Last thalidomide tonight, for at least a week. Lab results will be available next week, but I won't see the cancer doc for another month.

1 comment:

Faithful Soles said...

Don, take it from me, that's too high up to be a shin splint. I've got one in my left leg that has kept me sidelined for about 6 weeks.

Did you see your write-up as "Runner of the Week" on Faithful Soles yet?