Saturday, March 03, 2007

Double Runs

Eagle Momma 'KICKING SNOW' yesterdaySt Croix Valley Runners

St Croix Valley Runners 5 mi in 43:10, pace 8:38. Jim, Luke, and Scott up front, followed by Art and myself, then Roy, Dave, and George. Pretty good group for a windy 17-degree day. I love running in the early sun. The trail was far from perfect today, and Art set a pretty good pace, so this was a lot like a race. But I felt great afterward.

NSP Community Center

NSP Community Center 6 mi in 51:43, pace 8:37. Another rare double-run day, but this week’s pre-planned running schedule (my week starts Saturday) has to be adjusted because of some medical tests scheduled for Tuesday and Thursday. The Thursday test is a bone-marrow biopsy, after which I may not feel like running for a couple of days. So I’m front-loading the week.

Because of the morning run I felt weary at the start of this six-miler, but that improved as the laps clicked by. The last miles were the best, and I take that as an indication that there was gas left in the tank at the end. Splits 9:02, 8:56, 8:54, 8:24, 8:22, 8:06.

No comments: