Thursday, March 01, 2007

Six Great Miles

Norm & Don running & chattingNSPCC Community Center 6 mi in 51:16, overall average pace 8:33. But mile 2 was 11+ minutes because of a phone call from the doctor’s office. Typical pace was actually about 8:00. Very nice!

One of the great things about NOT planning every run is that sometimes I get a surprise. Today, against all common sense, I felt wonderful and ran (for me) like the wind. Maybe it was because friend Norm was there running the last few of his laps when I started the first few of mine. Maybe because I’m a little upset from the doctor’s visit this morning (next post). Maybe because I had a light lunch an hour before. And maybe just because it was a good day. Breathing five footfalls per full breath for two miles, four from then on. Splits: 8:14, 11:38, 7:58, 7:59, 7:51, 7:35. Good last mile.

No comments: