Saturday, September 23, 2006

Sat 2006 Sep 23, 5k race, 57 deg

Fall Roundup 5k Stampede, N St Paul, 22:10, pace 7:08, not certified. I intended to run marathon pace, 8:05 or so, but ran a minute faster instead. Tsk. I am such a poor judge of pace. First mile was 6:34, but I figured the marker was misplaced and sure enough the second mile was 7:56, for an overall pace of 7:15 to that point. Last 1.1 mile was 7:40. Met Derek Dippon and his wife; each finished first in their gender. Such nice people. Before the run, A & S and I went to Stillwater (SCV) and walked a 5k with Jim. Lovely walk, bright blue & white sky, best weather of the day. Nice to chat w Jim. No pains today, except a slight pull in the left hip that feels very temporary. This was a fun race; I'll run races for a long time if I can keep it this fun. Something to think about.


Planning to run TCM with Randy, using the strategy discussed on last Tuesday's log. Getting anxious to start; half anticipation and half dread. Sigh.

No comments: