Saturday, June 21, 2014

Two Runs Today

St Croix Valley Runners

The first day of summer, such a beautiful day.  We three drove to Stillwater to run with the St Croix Valley Runners for the first time this year.  I can't keep up with most of them any more, but Charlie was there, and Jim is recovering from an injury, so we three ran a short 2.4-mile route at a very modest pace.  I ran the whole way, though, no walking, so it wasn't so modest for me.  I didn't click my watch at the finish, but I think it was about 27 minutes, so the pace would be about 11:15.

No whining.

Gateway Trail

After a some grocery shopping in Stillwater and a quick stop at home we went right out again, this time to the Gateway Trail, parking at the Hwy 96 bridge.  The girls ran for about 40 minutes, and I ran six miles (according to the Gateway Trail mileposts) in 1:06:30, for a pace of 11:05, doing my 1 to 1 run/walk.

That's 8.4 miles on the day, and I felt good all the way through.  That trail is such a delight - most of it is shaded, so even with the temperature in the low 70's I didn't feel overheated.  I wish it were closer to where we live.  We saw lots of people using it today, mostly on bicycles but some on skates or running shoes.

Splits: 11:07, 11:22, 10:41, 10:59, 11:23, 10:56, total 1:06:30, pace 11:05.  No whining.

1 comment:

Prall Daddy said...

Hi Don, we have free race entries for the Lift Bridge Road Races and Log Run Road Races. If you or anyone you know would like to run we will cover the entry fee. Check out https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/RenewalByAndersenOfTheTwinCities
like our page, and we'll cover your entries.

Keep up the great work!

Regards,
John Prall
Lead Showroom Representative
Renewal by Andersen
john.prall@andersencorp.com
651.264.7508