Friday, January 18, 2013

Excellent Exercise Day

Friday, January 18, 2013:

Begin with an hour of snow shoveling, then repair the garage door which has been coming off its track in cold weather, and finally run six miles on an indoor track.  I should sleep well tonight.

This time I ran in the North St Paul Community Center, six miles without walking.  I wore a wrist band so that I could stay on pace while running the 13 ½ laps for each mile.  The intended pace was 10 minutes per mile, but as usual I found myself running a little faster whenever I took my mind off the watch.  Nevertheless, the wristband helped me to be sure of the lap count for each mile.

Oatmeal beneath

This run felt wonderful, comfortable throughout, never pushed, and I had plenty left for a couple of faster laps at the end.  Breathing was normal at four footfalls per full breath until those last two laps.

Whining: The right knee complained slightly, right after the run, but not during.  Maybe that’s to be expected after more than 200 left-turn corners.

Splits: 9:52, 9:44, 9:33, 9:42, 9:41, 9:23, total 57:55, average pace 9:39.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Maplewood Community Center, four miles.  After Monday’s race my calves were still tight, so I ran and walked fairly easily today, and they got better as I ran.  Time was a little over 40 minutes, probably about four miles, no pains.

No comments: