Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Another Tempo Run

Almost a race.  This is the third six-mile run in a row, again all running no walking.  This time it was on the North St. Paul Community Center indoor track.  Each of these runs has been more difficult.  The first seemed easy and I didn't breathe hard until the last two laps.  The second was harder and breathing ramped up in the last mile.  Today’s run was hardest, taking a minute longer and calling for race-pace breathing for the last two miles.

Why is it getting harder?  One difference is the time of day - the first run was after breakfast and some yard work, maybe even after lunch, I don’t recall.  But I don’t think that’s what made my run easier.  I suppose the reason is that I just don’t recover as quickly as I once did.  After a little more recovery I’ll try again.  In fact I have an 8-mile no-walk run scheduled yet this week, so we’ll see how that goes.

I felt good after the run though, very little to whine about.

Splits: 9:49, 9:34, 9:36, 9:52, 10:08, 9:50, total 58:49, pace 9:48.

No comments: