Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I ran!

Slowly, for about 2/3 mile, using very short steps. After that distance the plantar-fasciitis left heel ached just a little, so I switched from the overhead track to the elliptical machine to burn another 420 calories.

The run was not timed. The elliptical “running” took 31 minutes, 13+ calories/minute, 170 strides per minute, “ramp” set to lowest position to most-nearly simulate running. Like all such machine exercises I dreaded doing it, snored all the way through it, but in the end was very glad I had done it. But I’d rather be running!

I’m icing the heel now, and I’m pretty sure that I didn’t re-injure it today. Perhaps I will do more short runs like this, gradually increasing the distance but stopping at the first little sign of pain, cross-training to fill the rest of the time.


Chicken & Chard
Grilled free-range chicken marinated in key lime and organic lemon, organic nectarine, organic swiss chard, sweetened cranberries, pistachios, steamed with a little organic butter. Estimated Weight Watcher points = 5.

No comments: