Sunday, June 10, 2007

Breakfast Berries

Yesterday, at the suggestion of runner/biker and brother-in-law Cal, I fixed my bike so the seat is high enough. New post, seat, and water bottle holder for $80, all on a bike that cost only $150 in the first place, brand new. Today I took it out for a 1-hour spin, pushing pretty hard. It’s a big improvement. I can’t be certain, but I have the impression that I was mostly able to keep the bike in higher gears than I could last Thursday, when I complained about knee problems. The knee still bothered a little today, but not as much.

The plantar-fasciitis foot hurts a bit today though, after some lawn mowing. First I’ve felt it since the cortisone shot last Wednesday. I took more curcumin as an anti-inflammatory, and will continue the cold packs, the Strassburg Sock, stretching, gel heel inserts, tennis ball under the foot, and more.

Breakfast this morning. Oatmeal is such a great excuse to eat berries:
Breakfast today
From the bottom: Organic oatmeal, organic milk, blueberries, blackberries, organic strawberries, roasted pistachios. Estimated Weight Watchers points = 3. I like this photo so much that it's my screen saver now.

Part of breakfast every morning. Sunshine fries two eggs in the tiniest amount of butter. I love these eggs with black pepper and a little salt:
Every-morning eggs

Breakfast yesterday:
Breakfast yesterday
From the bottom: organic oatmeal, organic skim milk, blueberries, organic strawberries, organic sugared ginger. Estimated Weight Watcher points = 3.

No comments: