Saturday, June 30, 2007

Heel Still Hurts

The St Croix Valley Runners meet in Stillwater at the Northland tennis courts every Saturday morning at 7:00 am. The standard run is five miles, but of course a person can carve out whatever they need. This morning I walked fast with my two sweeties for two miles, then ran ahead to meet the group, intending to run one more mile. Shuffle shuffle, trying not to lift my feet, so the left one wouldn’t have to come down on the plantar fasciitis. It doesn't work, but maybe the pounding is a little less.

Fine for at least a half mile, but then the heel started to ache and I had to walk the rest or risk undoing any hard-earned progress. Later it was a bit sore. Back to ice and all of the other treatments; I hope I didn’t set it back much.

The latest Runner’s World (August 2007, p. 46) about low-level laser therapy for plantar fasciitis. I’m interested. Also our friend Mary gave me an interesting-looking device today, and I will try it and report back.

Dinner
Hormone & pesticide-free pork, asparagus, organic sweet potato, organic salsa. Weight Watcher estimate: 3 points.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you're looking into low intensity laser therapy for your plantar fasciitis. LILT has proved to be an excellent cure for this condition. Rather than treat the symptoms by relieving pain, LILT cures the problem so the pain goes away.

Please be sure to keep posting on your progress with the LILT treatments.