Friday, May 11, 2007

Two Recovery Runs

Wednesday:

Nice 5.2-mile run with the Wednesday evening Woodbury Runners and friend Jim. This was the first run since the marathon and was intended to be a “recovery” run. I went out a little fast, though, and ran a little farther than the three miles on the training schedule, 5.2 miles at a pace of about 8:00 to 8:15. I’m estimating pace because I forgot to wear a watch. Paved, partly wooded trails, good company for the first half of the run, then I returned alone to shorten the run. Right hamstring hurt a bit after three miles; perhaps I should have stuck to my schedule. Hot weather, temp 80. Casual cat
Friday:

Another recovery run, 2.5 miles in 21:02, pace 8:25. Local streets, I passed my sweeties twice as they did a two-mile run. 66 degrees. Some pain in the right hamstring. I need to do my foot lifts religiously, to deal with the hamstring issue.

Two hours of lawn mowing today, dandilions are at the peak of their glory, and our prettiest flowering crab is already raining its velvet petals on passers-by. Spring has definitely sprung!

No comments: