Saturday, May 12, 2007

Saturday Morning Run

Lobelia and streptocarpella from the Farmers Market in St PaulFive miles with the St Croix Valley runners, 40:30, pace about 8:06. Cool, enjoyable morning run with friends. I skipped the New Prague Half Marathon this morning, and didn't miss it at all. The group mostly ran together for the first mile, then gradually stretched out with Al and myself in front. We pushed each other a little, although my breathing was easy (four footfalls per full breath) until we were within a half mile of the finish. No noticeable remaining effects from the Avenue of the Giants Marathon, not even the niggling right-hamstring problem. Nice.Trilium in our own woods

I like this kind of running with friends so much, sometimes I wonder why I race at all.

After the run, a trip to the Farmers Market brightened the yard up for spring and summer.

No comments: