Thursday, December 14, 2006

Bushed

NSPCC 5 mi indoors in 44:33, pace 8:55. Intended to be an easy five miles, and it was, but I felt tired throughout. Although it is shaping up to be a spectacular day, we went to the community center because it was the last chance to get in our resistance training for the week. I feel bushed now, afterward, but maybe that's normal the day after two "hard" days. Tomorrow off, no running. Next week 40 miles. Splits today 8:58, 8:52, 8:50, 8:58, 8:54. Still no adverse effects from the thalidomide. I hope the malignant cells are experiencing adverse effects :-)

Training shoes are at 261 miles, only 39 left to go. I ordered new ones; wonder if they're on the way yet. RnJ Sports has a new website, maybe I can track the order. ...

2 comments:

Dori said...

Whoa, thalidomide. That's the stuff that caused birth defects back in the 50s. I hope it's booting those malignant cells right out of your body.

I am so impressed with your running ability. What's your next race?

Thanks for the weight loss encouragement.

Don said...

Yup that's thalidomide. They don't even know why it works on cancer, just that it does. Thanks.

We three (me, wife, daughter) have these on the tentative schedule: Christmas Day Joyful 5k (maybe), Resolution Solution 5k (maybe), Zoom! Yah! Yah! marathon (registered).

How about you?