Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Four Days Running

I don't often run two days together, let alone four days in a row, but the trails are calling my name these mornings.  I can't wait to get out there and jog up and down the grassy hills.  At the same time I can check on the progress of the park's recovery from the recent storms.

Tree across trail - typical.  But there
is a way to squeeze around this one.

Today the worst trail had been CLEARED of downed trees, a big job indeed, and I saw county employees with chain saws and a pickup truck preparing to do more.  There are still a lot of trees down, though people on foot can get by.  The worse problem now is mud, in places where there is no way around it.  My shoes went in the washer for the third day in a row. I should probably just dye them brown and glue sand to them.

I ran 5.1 miles in 59:00, approximately, doing a 30/20 run/walk, for a pace of about 11:34, good enough for the fourth day of running.  I felt some pain in the right knee again, but not even close to a limiting pain.  Great day!  Another run tomorrow.

No comments: