Saturday, July 21, 2007

Lumberjack Days in Stillwater

What a wonderful morning for a run! As always, the Stillwater Lumberjack Days 5k and 10-mile races were warm, but not nearly as hot and humid as in recent memory. Certainly not for me, as I did not run because of the plantar fasciitis. Scott

Results: 5k and 10 mi.
Jim
This is a major race each year for the St Croix Valley Runners, especially the ten-mile race. It's a measure of mid-summer race fitness for some of us.
Norm

Both races are downhill, and many runners make personal records. The pictures are of friends who ran, especially my two sweeties and another close friend. I wish I had pictures of more of the runners.
Three runners
I'm proud of all of them. And I had a great bike ride up to the start, a nice chat with several runners, and a ride back down to the finish, so I got in some good exercise.

The left foot (plantar fasciitis) did hurt a little in the past few days, triggered I think by the stairs exercise on Tuesday. No more of that I guess. But no pain in the foot today.

The right knee hurt just a little, but not bad. I think that will resolve if I don't push it too hard.

Lunch:
Leftover Dog
Wheat-free pasta curls (made of corn, quinoa, red bell pepper, spinach), organic garden veggie pasta sauce with added whole corn sliced right off a cob, organic uncured beef hot dogs, cantaloupe. Estimated Weight Watcher points = 7.

Dinner:
Lamb dinner, oh so good
Roast lamb, Rose's lime marmelade, organic strawberries, organic plum, spinach delight (organic spinach, broccoli, organic ricotta cheese, organic organic yogurt, onion, parmesan cheese). Estimated Weight Watchers points = 8.

No comments: