Sunday, December 17, 2006

Pressure Tank

NSP Community Center indoor track, 8 mi 1:06:39, pace 8:20. Uneventful run; I felt a little sluggish at the start but that got better. No pains, 108 laps (uff-da). But better than a dreadmill. Splits: 8:26, 8:14, 8:17, 8:23, 8:27, 8:29, 8:24, 7:59.

Parts being assembled on the dining room table.  Click to enlarge
Big project today (and yesterday and probably tomorrow): replacing the pressure tank for our well system. The old one has started to leak, and probably has only days of life left. The new one will be a captive-air tank, so I won’t need to add air every year. Very slow job for me, because I’m not very experienced and there are LOTS of parts involved: new pressure switch, check valve, pressure gauge, gate valve, hose valve, pressure relief valve, etc. And, once I cut those old pipes, there is no going back! I need to get it right the first time, because we will have no water until it’s working correctly.

Still no symptoms from the thalidomide :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI, you're basically a rock star. I am totally suck-o at home improvement. This looks complicated. Color me impressed...

walchka said...

I hope the job went well. I'd be calling in the reserves before I even started. :)