Thursday, August 24, 2006

Thursday 2006 Aug 24, 9:00 am run, 66 deg

LE Ave, 33rd, 30th, & Legion 7.1 mi in 58:26, pace 8:14. This actually felt as difficult as last night's 7:38 pace. I think that's because I'm short of carbs; last night's dinner after the hard run was long on steak and short on pasta and fruit. Could the shoes make a difference too? Last night I ran in my newest Brooks Burn 3 shoes, to test them out, but today I used an older pair of the same model. These squeak a little; could that squeak use up some energy? If so, they'd be fine to train in but I'll stick to the new ones for races. Would have anyway. Right knee pain briefly while running on a left shoulder with some slant. Went away. Feel great now. Muggy morning, dew point 63, but every day with running in it is beautiful.


I've decided to skip the Rochester Half Marathon. Number one son is bringing his wife and my grandson for the CH wedding on Saturday, and I'd rather spend more time with that sweet little grandson than three hours driving and three more at the race. May my friend and competitor LS run like the wind. If he can do it, he deserves to win the Grand Prix. I'll be back for Victory and TCM.

No comments: