Saturday, August 26, 2006

Sat 2006 Aug 26, 7:00 am, 61 deg

St Croix Valley runners 8k loop, 42:09, pace 8:29. Gentle pace, ran mostly w WM, following CM and also sometimes RB, who was having some trouble with glutes and went down to a walk several times. Also CA, RL, DM, & GV, & of course my two sweeties. Cool enough, even though very humid. Saw my breath as I ran. Wished I was running the Rochester HM, but then again I'm sort of glad that I didn't have to do it. And I sure like spending some time with my sweet grandson. What a doll. No pains at all today. I'm still having a little trouble with the left knee, but not while running. That's a good thing. Looks like our regular course will have to change for a while, due to road construction, possibly as soon as next week. Guys are talking about another route using Manning and McCusick roads. We'll see. I prefer a different route, starting in Croixwood and looping around Long Lake, but for some reason GV likes to go north and I think he deserves to be treated as the leader of the group.

No comments: