Sunday, May 24, 2015

First "Run" After the Hamstring Injury

Saturday, May 23, 2015:

I started with a run/walk ratio of 1 to 3, which went well for about two miles. Then I felt the hamstring pain, just a little, so I walked the rest of the 3.4-mile loop at a modest pace.  Total time 50:06, pace 14:44.

That was pretty slow, but in a couple of days I'll try again and hopefully go farther before having to walk without any running.  Easy does it.  I do not want to aggravate the injury

Friday, May 22:

I  rode my old bike to the park, 3.2 mi, then the Zephyr trail to Mile zero, messed around at the river a little looking for my buddy on the Lady Chateau charter boat (didn't see him), then back to the park and home.

Total time 1:03:43, but serious miles 11.84, serious time 58:20, pace 12.2 mph.  That's fine. The trip from the park to Mile zero (2.80 miles) includes an elevation loss of 184 feet, and the return then includes that much gain.  The ride took 11:04 going down and 15:42 going back up.  The overall incline is 1.2% (an old railroad grade) but there are parts that are more, probably 3% or 4%.

I liked it!  I may do it again.

No comments: