Monday, February 18, 2008

Medical Error

I saw my trusted internist today, an excellent doctor, about the right knee that has suddenly misbehaved recently. I call it "lockup," but it doesn't really lock up - it just hurts to bend the knee and I end up hopping on the other leg for a few seconds. He more or less confirmed my suspicion of floating cartilage, but wanted an x-ray to rule out bone problems.

The x-ray technician laid me down on the table and prepared to shoot my left knee. I asked him if we were getting shots of both knees, and he said "not for this picture, just your right knee." I pointed out that he was preparing my left knee, and he actually pointed to it and said "is that your left knee?" Then he agreed that I should roll over and we should take a picture of the right knee.

Sure glad I wasn't in for surgery! If I DO go in for surgery, I'm going to write NOT THIS KNEE on the left one!



Lunch
Recent Lunch: Organic chard and kale with dried cranberries and pistachios, clementine, Hershey's dark chocolate. Seconds on the chard.

No comments: