Friday, February 15, 2008

Five Miles, No pain

Stillwater Recreation Center (Bubble), about 5.4 miles in 45:15. Ran with friend Jim, first time we’ve run in the bubble together. Enjoyable run, especially since the achilles tendon pain did not appear at all. I haven’t felt it since Tuesday, and even that might have been in my mind. I think (hope?) that it’s on the mend. The distance is an estimate, based on a measured pace of 8:23 for two of the laps.

Nevertheless, easy does it. Three more gentle miles at the club tomorrow, and then an 800 meter race on Sunday. With warmup and cooldown, that will probably be another three miles on Sunday. Tuesday, if all goes well, I’ll run 6 miles.

I did have a little trouble with the right knee at the Bubble. I think there’s a little something floating around in there, because it comes and goes, but I swear it’s not always in the same place. I suspect that the many flat corners at the Bubble caused that debris to shift a little, and when I stepped up the pace for the last lap it suddenly brought me up short. Better now.


Salmon dinner
Recent dinner: Wild-caught Alaskan salmon, organic sweet pickle relish (tartar sauce w/o mayo), organic parsnips, organic sweet potatoes, organic rutabagas. I went back for more.

No comments: