Friday, January 11, 2008

Fun Run

Thursday, January 10:

Still working on that cold, so the three of us went to the North St Paul Community center again to run indoors. Only two miles, and I intended to take it easy, but the first mile went well and, with a one-mile race coming up soon I decided to speed up the second. Splits 8:17 and 7:16. That second mile is about a minute slower than I’d like to do in the mile race. We’ll see. It’s hard to run full speed on the Community Center track because of all the short corners, but the indoor track for that race has turns too.

My cold is not really very bad, and even seems a little better today. I’m using very traditional treatments: Chicken soup, liniment on my chest (smells good too), extra vitamin C, extra sleep, staying out of the cold. Fingers crossed, I haven't had a really bad cold in years, maybe because of this treatment. I hope this one goes away without getting worse.


Yummy lunch
Recent Lunch: Sunshine's gluten-free nutty teff bread with asiago cheese, organic vegetable medley with shredded parmesan, baked sweet potatoes.

No comments: