Sunday, January 06, 2008

Cool Run

Sunday, Jan 6, 2008:

I was a little chilly on today’s run, considered calling Sunshine for help, but never quite got cold enough to do that and finished OK. 16.8 miles in 2:36:13, for a pace of 9:18. Since this was the first of many upcoming long runs, and very hilly, I took my time and walked a little on the uphills. I actually thought I was going a little faster, but the pace is fine with me. Long, slow distance. I felt strong in the last couple of miles too.

Wore the Nike Milers for traction and resistance to road splash, took water after every 15-20 minutes or so, took a gel or jelly beans every second time. Forty degrees, or perhaps a bit less, I wore shorts with no leggings and two LS shirts on top. Should have made the outer one a wind-resistant type. Nevertheless, all in all a very enjoyable run.

Saturday, Jan 5, 2008:

St Croix Valley Runner, five miles in 43:50, pace 8:46. My legs felt heavy today, so this was good enough. Nice run with Dave and Roy. Tom, Art, & New Dave finished well ahead, and Gauss & Wayne not far behind. 20 degrees and calm - nice. Nike Miler shoes for traction.


Today's breakfast
Today's breakfast: Organic oatmeal, organic milk, banana, blueberries, organic walnuts, Don's fruit/berry/nut mix, Hershey's dark chocolate, clementine.

Yesterday's lunch
Yesterday's salad: Organic salad greens, cucumbers, avocado with lime juice, jicama, papaya, Maytag blue cheese, raspberry vinegar, naval orange.

Last night's dinner
Last night's dinner: Organic sweet potatoes with onions and organic beans, organic salsa, organic squash, kiwi, naval orange.

No comments: