Friday, January 12, 2007

Three Cool Miles

SCV Recreation Center 3.02 miles in 25:25, pace 8:25. Perfect marathon pace, which was the goal. I wound up 12 seconds ahead of the target total time. This run was mostly to keep loose, but also to practice timing my pace on a track similar to the Tostrud Center track. It worked fine. I’m getting a slight complaint from the right knee again, in the area of the meniscus, but that’s nothing new. It might have been triggered by the zig-zagging and flat corners, combined with the cold temperature. It felt like 40 degrees today in that inflate-a-barn. Tostrud will be warmer.

Eagle Momma and Sweet Pea ran too, as usual; we did a lap together before I started running at my pace. Tomorrow some walking, but no running. We’ve done some of our best marathons after walking briskly for several miles the day before. Everyone has their routine ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck in the race!

Danielle said...

Can't wait to see how the race goes. You've had some really nice pacing. I need to find a way to get to your side of the city and run with you. I think you could pace me out to some great times and make me push harder!