Sunday, January 28, 2007

Recovery Run

Running:

NSP Community Center indoor track 4 mi 34:18, pace 8:35. This was a recovery run after yesterday’s half marathon. An easy pace, and it felt fine. Splits 8:34, 8:34, 8:36, 8:35. Wow that’s an even pace!

Next run: 20 miles on Tuesday. I guess I’ll have to do that indoors. Snore.

Thalidomide:

Another reason for this run was to test for peripheral neuropathy. In yesterday’s half marathon, I felt something strange, beginning at about mile 11. It went away, but reappeared later in the day. If it is the beginning of peripheral neuropathy from the thalidomide, I should stop the treatment ASAP because that is often irreversible. Today’s test was inconclusive: if the feeling was there, it was very subdued. Tomorrow I will call the doctor and discuss this. There are tests which can objectively measure sensory nerve response, and I think it’s time for those! One adventure after another :-)

No comments: