Friday, March 14, 2014

Third Day in the Dome

We went to the Stillwater Dome once again today.  I wanted to try a 1 to 2 run/walk, marathon pace, to see if it felt the same in the cold soccer dome as it does in the warm YMCA.  Yep, it does.  As it turns out, after a little cut-and-try, 60 paces running and 120 walking gets me half way around the soccer field, and after 5 laps plus a short side (one mile) the time was very close to 12 minutes, twice.  I messed up my watch and didn’t time the third mile, but I did the laps at about the same pace.

This is still a fairly energetic pace, and I would finish a marathon in 5:15 if there were no nature breaks.  I don’t know if it’s sustainable for 26 miles, but in the worst case I’ll just slow down.  Whining:  None.

Splits: 11:52, 11:56, 12:00 (estimate), total 35:48.

No comments: