Thursday, March 22, 2012

No More Pain Meds

I’ve been taking naproxen sodium (Aleve), which I prefer to ibuprofen for a couple of reasons, but today I just didn’t need any medication for pain. Certain things are still a little difficult, like getting in and out of bed, but I can laugh, cough, sneeze, blow my nose, walk, climb up & down stairs, and even drive a car without pain or pain medication.

This is good news. After three and a half days, it seems that recovery from the sports hernia surgery is on schedule. There is still quite a bit of swelling, and numbness in the skin around the incision, but I understand that’s expected and will go away. There is no evidence of infection or internal bleeding. I feel good, full of energy, and I hope that the recovery continues to go well.

It’s a masterpiece!

No comments: