Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Laughing Is Back

For the first two days after Monday morning’s hernia surgery it hurt to laugh, cough, sneeze, or blow my nose. This morning I can laugh again. Getting into bed was no problem last night, and even though getting out was still iffy, sleeping was far easier the second night after surgery than it was the first night. Life is great.

The first night I took one little percocet tablet, trying to get some sleep, and I did regret that yesterday. The first-listed side effect is constipation, and apparently just one little pill will do it. Better today though.

I called the surgeon, who returned the call on his lunch break. He told me that the surgery had gone well, and that he saw no reason why I should not recover to pain-free running. That’s the assurance I wanted, and I hope he’s right. I also reported some numbness around the surgical site and he said it was normal and would go away in a few months.

I did not quiz him about the unexpected and unwanted general anesthesia. We have a followup appointment in a couple weeks, and we will discuss it then.

I’m going to see an acupuncturist this afternoon. The appointment was set up when I was going to try to heal the sports hernia by more natural means, but she may be able to reduce the pain and the swelling, and increase the speed of recovery. Who knows, maybe she can speed up recovery from the numbness. We’ll see what she says.

My appetite has been good throughout:

No comments: