Friday, January 07, 2011

Two More Bubble Runs

Friday, Jan 7, 2011:

Six miles in the Stillwater Bubble again, this time after two days off from running. I felt very good today, nothing hurts, not even my tailbone.

After several miles of warmup, I did a few sprints along the long side, each about 86 m, and a couple of diagonals, each about 108 m, mixed in with the marathon-pace jogging. Those sprints felt really good.

Short week, though, only 15 miles. But life will get back to normal.

Tuesday, Jan 4, 2011:

Four miles in the Stillwater Bubble, before heading out of town for Mom’s funeral. The run went OK, but my tailbone still did hurt a little.

The funeral went very well. What a great woman she was. 100 years old. This photo was taken about a month before she died.

Mom

2 comments:

Susie Hemingway said...

Please accept my condolences for your loss.

Beth said...

My sympathies. What a beautiful smile. I know you will miss her.