Sunday, January 02, 2011

Charities Challenge Races at Bethel

Charities Challenge Indoor Races at Bethel University. I ran just two of the races today, the 5k and the 200 m. Neither was an unqualified success, but good enough.

I ran the 5k in 24:12, supposedly, but there are 25 laps in a 5k on a 200 m track and I think I ran only 24. So the actual time probably would have been 25:12 or so if we had counted laps correctly. I’d be happy with that, too. The 200 m sprint took 41 seconds, but that race came pretty soon after the 5k and I know I can do better. I’d like to get it down to about 36 seconds - we’ll see.

Meantime I do have to get past my pain in the butt. A week ago I fell on my tailbone (coccyx) while running the snowblower. It hurt in that instant, but not later that day. Since then, though, it has hurt whenever I’ve tried to run fast. Today it hurt after the 5k and especially during and after the 200 m dash. I suppose I’d better drag my tail to a doctor. What would they do anyway - butt in a sling?


Yesterday's Breakfast

1 comment:

SteveQ said...

My condolences on the loss of your mother.

I broke off the end of my coccyx once - it only hurt if I tried to ride a bicycle - though I do sort of remember a constant dull ache.