Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Ten Miles Indoors

My sweeties and I picked up Jim for another run in the Stillwater Dome. Did I mention it’s $2.00 per day for adults and only $0.50 for seniors? WAY less expensive than a club membership, though running and walking are the only exercises available.

Jim and I ran for 40 minutes, and then switched to a run/walk for another hour. Run about 80% of the way around the soccer field, walk the remainder. Pace was somewhat faster than 9-minute miles for the first 40 minutes, and slightly slower than 10-minute miles for the next hour, so probably about 10 miles. My left semitendinosus muscle (one of the hamstrings) was a little sore right from the beginning, and I didn’t want to push it.

Both sets of quads got sore too, toward the end of the run, but it’s the good kind of soreness that means those muscles have been worked pretty hard. I like that, and I’m sure that the indoor-track racing on Sunday was an important part of that work - maybe I need to race more.

I don’t like the new pain in my left knee, though. On the far outside, right about where the ITB might be if I knew anatomy a little better, except that I can’t poke it anywhere and make it hurt. It hurts only when I put weight on it, which sounds a lot more like the knee joint than the ITB. I hope not - so far my knees have been pretty reliable. We’ll test that knee a bit more tomorrow.


Breakfast after the run: Mango, organic honeycrist apple, kiwi, organic strawberries (frozen by Sunshine during the season), organic lowfat yogurt, walnuts, 72% dark chocolate, with oatmeal underneath. I enjoyed this for more than a half hour.
Breakfast

No comments: