Thursday, December 23, 2010

Exhausted!

Wednesday, Dec 22, 2010:

18 Miles in the Stillwater Bubble, 3 hours and 5 minutes. I did the walk/run, walking one short edge of the rectangle, which amounts to about 21% of the distance around it. I timed a lap at about mile 8, mile 13, and mile 17, and each time the pace was very nearly 10 minutes/mile. And just to be sure, I ran an extra 5 minutes, adding about a half mile or so.

10 minutes per mile is a Boston-qualifying pace for me. I could have kept going, but maybe not for 8 more miles.

Quads were already a little sore from the indoor running on Sunday, and they complained a bit, but hopefully they’ll just take a lesson and get a little stronger. The injured hamstring was pretty quiet, a little sore the next day, but I think it’s healing. The only pain was in my left foot, at the lisfranc ligaments, which I have previously injured while snowshoe running. 380 corners were too much for them. But the foot will get better - it always does.

When we got home, though, I had to tackle the ice dam on the roof, two places, one of which was causing a minor leak into the house, so I spent much of the rest of the day whacking at ice with a hammer-chipper, pulling down snow with a roof rake, and shoveling all of that out of the way. A very full day.


Thursday's breakfast: Organic pear, walnuts, strawberries (frozen), yogurt. Conventional banana, kiwi, oatmeal (on top this time).

No comments: