Sunday, March 21, 2010

Fast Run - For Me

Saturday, March 20, 2010:

St Croix Valley Runners . I felt good this morning, so I moved out in front of the group with Dave, who was the only speedy runner today. It felt a bit like a race for me, though I’m sure it was an easy jog for Dave. He went out ahead in the last half mile, and finished at least a minute ahead of me.

I finished the five miles in 42:55, probably my best time on that course in many months, and in winter clothes yet (tights, 3 layers above). Pace 8:35. Gosh I’ll be happy if I can do that again the next time I run an 8k race.

Thursday, March 18, 22010:

Another run in the park today, on the paved trails because the grass trails are still a bit soft and muddy. I ran a 3.9 mile keyhole route, walking about the last mile because I came up behind Sunshine and Sweet Pea, taking photos of a beautiful hawk, and decided to walk the rest with them. But I ran pretty hard for the first three miles, so I was a good enough run. That’s the end of a 30-mile week. Next week will include a genuine 20-mile run.

Organic lunch. Is that beef or bison? I'm not sure. Lettuce (with a little vinegar & oil), avocado, and sweet potato with slivered almonds.

No comments: