Thursday, October 08, 2009

New Toys

A little more than a week ago I got hearing aids - my first. Bernafon Verite models, from Costco. They are quite high-tech, with Bluetooth so that they can be used as a headset for my cell phone or any other device that can use a Bluetooth headset. So it was time to upgrade the cell phone also, of course, to one with Bluetooth. Every phone with Bluetooth has a camera too, so now I have a camera in my cell. Since I always carry my cell when I run, this means I also always carry a camera now when I run.

I meant to run yesterday, but life intervened, so today’s six-mile recovery run was the first run since Sunday’s marathon. I took a few pix with the new cell phone. The camera isn’t great, but I think it’s about as good as a phone cam gets these days.

Nice easy run at marathon pace. No pains during the run, though the right knee complained a bit after the run was over. Stretches in the shower again - that is SO the way to stretch.

Splits: 10:08, 20:52 (2 mi), 10:43, 10:49, 10:19, total 1:02:50, pace 10:28. Lovely run.

My favorite trail
Phone-cam photo. You can barely see the railroad track on the right. Who wouldn't love to run on this road?

2 comments:

Londell said...

What a great picture! Where is this?

Don said...

The track goes from downtown St Paul through Bayport and across the St Croix River over a turnstile bridge into north Hudson. The portion that has this rocky dirt maintenance road beside it goes from Century Ave in Oakdale to the bridge. It runs along MN Hwy 5 for some of the way. This view is pretty typical.