Sunday, February 01, 2009

Two more runs

Sunday, Feb 1:

I ran out of gas today, probably because it was the third day of running in a row. Actually I intended to run eight miles, and stopped at six because I felt a little pain in the left hip flexors. Or maybe it was the adductors, I couldn’t tell which, but I don’t want to have a new injury now! Without the pain the next two miles would have been a struggle, but I would have done them anyway.

We ran on the track at the club today, and because it was an odd-numbered day we ran clockwise, which we had not done for a week or two. Perhaps that’s why the left-side muscles hurt. Anyway they seem fine now, so I doubt any damage was done. Clockwise again on Tuesday, unless I run outdoors.

Splits: 8:54, 8:45, 8:50, 8:51, 8:52, 8:59, total 53:10, pace 8:52.


Saturday, Jan 31:

Good five mile run with the St Croix Valley Runners. Mary, Candy, George, Dave, and myself. Dave is pretty fast, but had no one to run with today. He and I did move out ahead of the others, but at a modest pace of 9:12. I felt as though I was working pretty hard, but that may have been due in part to the lively conversation, or to the fact that I ran yesterday too. We had a very enjoyable run, finishing the five miles in 46:02. Temperature was 24, very little wind, a beautiful morning. I wore three layers up to, tights, and ear cover. No problems.


Salad
Salad: Organic lettuce, Organic red grapes, organic black grapes, wild-caught Alaskan sockeye salmon with organic yogurt, organic red wine vinegar.

No comments: