Sunday, February 22, 2009

Four More

North St Paul Community Center, four gentle miles. I felt a little weary at the start of this run, so the idea was to take it easy and run maybe a 9:30 pace. I didn’t manage to go quite that slowly, but slowly enough that I had some steam left at the end.

Someday I’d like to run a marathon in 4:15:59, which is my Boston qualifying time and requires an average pace of about 9:45, just a little slower than today's goal pace. A year ago that was easy, but not now with the chemotherapy and the extra weight that I have taken on as a side effect of the dexamethasone. Oh whine whine, woe is me. It helps to remember that I’m still running marathons while some good friends with myeloma are DEAD. Yikes, I'm a lucky guy.

Good run. I might have run one more mile but the Jazzercizers started and turned up their noisy loudspeakers, making the whole experience less enjoyable. And four miles was one more than I had on my schedule for today anyway.

Splits: 9:23, 9:11, 9:04, 8:46, total 36:24, pace 9:06. It’s a masterpiece.



Recent dinner: Alaskan wild-caught sockeye salmon with organic yogurt and spices, organic peas, organic beans, organic almonds, organic cauliflower with onion and a little organic cheese.

No comments: