Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Another Taper

A nice easy four-mile run, just to keep the body moving. We three went to the club and ran on the indoor track - weather outside was a bit misty and sloppy. No problems, breathing was easy at four and even five footfalls per full breath throughout. It’s a masterpiece.

Splits: 9:00, 8:48, 8:50, 8:53, total 35:31, pace 8:53.


Lunch
Lunch: Spaghetti lasagna with gluten-free spaghetti & mostly organic ingredients, organic chard with organic cashews, minneola.

2 comments:

peter said...

I've never counted my footfalls per breath but I have always meant to since I read (awhile ago) that you do. 4 or 5 sounds like rapid pace to me. Glad (I hope) your nagging injury bugs are behind you for now.

Don said...

Give it a try. For me five footfalls per full breath is an easy pace, four is a faster pace suitable for a half marathon or a marathon, and three is a 5k pace.

Injury-free at the moment, thank you!