Friday, January 09, 2009

Ten Mile Run

No big deal for most runners, but it’s my longest run since the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon on Nov 1. All good: pace is just about 9:00 minute miles, and no pains! I’m a happy runner today.

I didn’t have a LOT of energy, even though I had taken two full days off. I think that’s probably because I had eaten a fairly big breakfast just two hours before starting the run, and the stomach competes for blood. Also, I shoveled snow for a half hour just before driving to the club. Breathing was four footfalls per full breath until about mile seven, after which the breathing rate increased to three much of the time, especially the last mile. Three footfalls per full breath indicates a race pace.

Going for 30 miles this week, I actually finished 29. Close enough.

Splits: 8:58, 8:53, 9:08, 8:53, 9:11, 8:51, 9:08, 8:54, 9:21, 8:38, total 1:29:55, pace 9:00 overall. The longer intervals in the odd miles occurred because I walked about a half lap while drinking water after finishing each even mile.


Lunch
Lunch: Organic chicken, cucumber, organic chard with pine nuts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are an inspiration!!