Monday, May 21, 2012

Two 4-Mile Runs

Sunday, May 20, 2012:

We went to the park again today, where I walk/ran 4.33 miles in 52:58, for a pace of about 12:14. I ran 15 or 20 seconds of each minute, more uphill and less down. I wore my hernia shorts, and felt a slight ache in the surgical area only at the start of the run. It’s a masterpiece.

Saturday, May 19:

St. Croix Valley Runners. We definitely have two groups now, runners and walkers. I don’t fit into either of them yet, because I am still doing a walk-run. Today I "ran" the normal route backward for two miles, and then forward from there, so that the other runners would catch and pass me.

About four miles in 47:42, just barely under 12 minute miles, but the distance is approximate. No pains worth mentioning.

The meat loaf is gluten-free, made with oatmeal instead of bread.  Sunshine is a mighty good cook.  Everything is organic, of course, except the oatmeal itself, which is gluten-free.  We haven't found a good source of oatmeal that is both organic and gluten-free.

No comments: