Thursday, May 17, 2012

Easy Ten Miles

It’s not really very far, but it’s the farthest I’ve run since the hernia surgery eight weeks ago.  Ten miles in 2:03:44, no significant pains or problems - I’m not even very tired. Pace 12:22, plenty fast. That pace would finish a marathon in 5:24, better than most of the marathons I ran last year. It was only ten miles, of course, but I felt very good at the end and could easily have kept going for a while.

I carried water this time, because of the distance, and took one Clif Shot gel at about mile 6. I wore my homemade hernia shorts, as described here. I think they help a lot, though they don’t entirely solve the problem. I’ll keep building the distance gradually. Twelve mile long run next week.

Whining: I could barely feel the hernia ache a few times. That’s about all the pain there was. It’s a masterpiece.


Post-run breakfast oatmeal:

No comments: