Thursday, May 10, 2012

90 Flights of Stairs

Wednesday, May 9, 2012:

Maybe a few more. I ran yesterday and will run long tomorrow, so running was off the program for today, and I walked up and down stairs instead. I haven’t done that in quite a while. They are wooden stairs, from the main floor to the upstairs in a more-or-less normal house, 13 steps.

I need about 15 seconds to travel up and down them, four trips per minute, wearing sticky-foot socks and guided by a strong railing on one side. Thus, in 24 minutes I would make 96 trips, except that I did get tired, and slowed a little toward the end. I have an eight-mile run on the agenda for tomorrow morning - I wonder if I’ll still be tired.

Whining: Absolutely no pain from the hernia repair. In fact, no pains of any kind. My leg muscles did shake a little after the 24 minutes, and for quite a while too. I may have pushed it bit too far, and should have stopped sooner, but stairs are great for building muscle and I did my legs some good today.

Triliums grow wild in a little woods near our house. They have three of everything:

No comments: