Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Grandma's Marathon Registration

Grandma's:

Entry forms for the 2007 Grandma's Marathon will be mailed tomorrow, January 18 to those who have requested them and to those who were registered for the race in 2005 and 2006. Look for it in your mail on Friday. You have exactly one day to turn it around if you want an advantage on the folks who won't get one in the mail. The form will be available for anyone to download and print from Grandma's Web Site beginning this Monday, January 22, 2007. Registration is by mail only. The race usually fills in 10 days to two weeks.

Suggestion: If you're on the fence, register. In my experience, if I'm registered, then training happens. It's a powerful motivator for only $75.00.

Myeloma:

Myeloma support group meeting today. There are two groups that I know of in the Twin Cities. The larger one is in the west suburbs and met last Saturday. Today's is smaller and almost an hour's drive east of the larger one, but closer to us. Lovely Bride will go with me. A dentist who has myeloma will discuss osteonecrosis of the jaw, a side effect of the bisphosphonate drugs that myeloma patients are often given to combat thin or broken bones. That could all be in my future.

My waking heart rate was 36 this morning. I took it several times to be sure. That's the lowest I've seen in years, maybe ever, and I haven't taken thalidomide for 10 days. Looking back to 2004, though, I guess it took a couple of weeks for my HR to return to normal after thalidomide. Numbers were bouncing around from day to day, as now. Something to discuss with the doctor on Monday. Depressed heart rate (bradycardia) is a known side effect of thalidomide.

Running:

Feelin' good though! Muscles are still a little stiff, but this is normal after a marathon. Off yesterday and today, run a little tomorrow. Live one day at a time and make it a masterpiece!

No comments: