Friday, March 20, 2015

New Route - Three Problems

Still getting accustomed to the new neighborhoods, I drew up a slightly convoluted map for a 5-mile run with the Kwik Trip's restroom in the middle.  Unfortunately, even though I had a printed map, I made a wrong turn and ran off the edge of the map, so I was lost.  I figured it out, but the repaired route cost me about two tenths of a mile, and maybe four minutes standing around perusing that map.

Anyway, I mostly used a run/walk ratio of 1 to 2, sometimes a little less walking and more running.  Distance 5.11 miles, time 1:07:47.  Taking four minutes off the time, the pace was 12:29.

Three problems today (besides getting lost):

  • First, the lisfranc ligaments in the right foot hurt.  This is an old injury which has become arthritic and acts up now and then, although I haven't felt it for months.  The pain mostly went away after a few minutes of hobbling, as it usually does.
  • Second, the left hip flexors hurt again, maybe actually the adductor ligaments or muscles.  Perhaps I pushed just a little too hard up the very first hill and strained a muscle in there somewhere.  I hope that's all it is and it heals quickly.
  • Third, I felt a pain in the right side of my back, low, below the belt, and near enough to the spine that it could be in the spine.  The other two injuries will heal, or I can live and run with them, but a broken vertebra would likely stop the running.  I hope it's just a pulled muscle.  By chance, I do have a PET scan scheduled in about three weeks, so we'll find out.
I'll wait until those little injuries don't hurt before I run again.

No comments: