Thursday, March 26, 2015

Great Eight Miles

Tuesday, March 24, 2015:

I ran for 25 minutes up to the Quick Trip, then 25 more back to home, and repeated that on a slightly different route.

Passing our home every 4 miles has the advantage of a bathroom when needed.  With a run/walk ratio of 1 to 2 most of the time, I expect that I went about 8 miles in the 1 hour and 40 minutes.  The only trouble was a slight complaint from my old friends the left hip flexors.  That settled down to a dull ache and there were no other issues.

I also started a cross-training regimen at Snap Fitness yesterday.  Adductors, abductors, abdominals, upper body, & more.  Their elliptical machines are more like skiing machines - no elliptical action for the feet, but I can go to Anytime Fitness if I need a real elliptical.  Meanwhile Snap Fitness is about a half mile from home and does have the resistance machines when need those.

Maybe ten miles next week?

Splits: 24:36, 24:25 (total 49:01 to here), 25:09, 25:31, total 1:39:41.

No comments: