Friday, January 30, 2015

Short Loop

I'm aiming for a 10- or 12-mile run Sunday or Monday, so I just wanted a fairly short run today and perhaps a walking-only day tomorrow.

Today I ran my "standard" 3.4-mile loop around the lake, starting and ending at our doorstep, and traversing paved roads, a dirt road, paved trails, and even some sidewalks.  It's a little bit hilly, but mostly not.  A lot of it is through sleepy neighborhoods, but in a few places there are no houses in sight at all.  About half of it is in view of a nice little lake, or right alongside the lake.  It's a pleasant route with very little traffic except today, oddly, on the short piece of dirt road.

I ran/walked in a ratio of 1 to 1 (actually 60 to 60 paces) and in a time of 39:14, for an overall pace of 11:32, exactly the same as Wednesday's five-mile pace.

61 miles this month.  A little more mileage would be better - a few less short runs and a few more longer ones.

No comments: